Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 17

Another platelet count, now dipped to 35,000. This is normal but we look forward to the slow climb back to normal. His white cell count seemed stable.
No need for any platelets to be given or transfusions so a good appointment.

Halfway through John's IV I (Amanda) began to be feel very weird. I have seen him and many others I know have IV'S a bunch of times but for some reason I felt very sick seeing it this time. I stumbled the bathroom and slid down the wall, I could see the room spinning and I felt hot and sick. I could not shake it so I decided to go back and tell John. We both decided I should go the ER; better safe than sorry. This way we would know if what was happening in me could be passed onto John. The Dana nurse said my blood pressure was very low. After an hour in the ER, all my tests came back normal. "It's just one of those strange viruses" the nurse said. I had a similar deal a year ago but this was much less severe.

Fortunately I have been feeling a little off this last few days so had been wearing a mask in the house and sleeping on the couch. Good job.

So today I am wiped out and so is John- The Caton's are officially both in sick mode!

Please continue to lift us up in prayer, thank you so much to those who faithfully do so. Pray I (Amanda) can get back to normal soon so I can care for John. Also pray that in that process I can take better care of myself, I guess I have been neglecting that a little.

1 comment:

  1. God is so good. The last few days my prayers were changed toward you and now I know why. We love you so much, peace and blessings to your heart from the Flicks.

    ReplyDelete