Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Bone Marrow Transplant- Day Minus 1

Phew....finally! The transplant is tomorrow, I can barely believe it's here; so long awaited.

Today I got a lesson from the pharmacist about all the millions of medications John will have! It's pretty intense; his first month medications were $200!!! I should probably be overwhelmed and worried about how we can afford it but God WILL provide and the price of keeping John healthy is priceless.

Today was John's rest day, no chemo but still he slept most of the day. Ian also had all his pre op work done.

We are due in at 5.30am to begin the removal of the stem cells from Ian and late morning/ early afternoon they will put in John.

 I also spent a while putting smiley face stickers on all the foods John can eat and all of his hygiene items so no one else touches them! Ha! I felt like a Kindergarten teacher :)


On a lighter note, Ian, Beth and I were playing Wii tonight and as we left it on to clean we noticed John and I Mii character were sitting together! :)

3 comments:

  1. im so glad you included the picture of you and john sitting together on wii. thats really cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you all. Hope everything goes really well tomorrow for John and Ian xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meant today not tomorrow!
    Will be praying :)

    ReplyDelete