Monday, June 27, 2011

Let's see how it all began...

On January 5th our bone marrow journey began! I cannot believe I never shared this video of Ian's stem cells being given to John. This was such an exciting day for us, the "the first day of the rest of our lives" we said.
We still believe it, after everything that's happened.

We live in faith
So what does that mean?

That was my challenge yesterday. John and I both woke up feeling a little under the weather so I got up cleaned everything and proceeded to sit there in a mask; John got up feeling yukky! Took his temp 100.8. Now technically I am meant to call his doctor but I stepped back and asked myself "Do I truly believe that taking my husband to the ER is a good idea?" Of course the answer is no.

So I sat back and I did something the old me, 6 months ago me, would never have done. I turned to John and I said "Ok I am going to take your temp every fifteen minutes, I am going to give you Dayquil and you are going to drink lots of fluid and rest...I believe God is building a normal immune system in your body so today I am going to treat you like a normal human being with a sniffle"
I did
No more temps after that. He woke this morning feeling much better.

Now some of you may say that was foolish but I believe it was the right thing to do and as a consequence he is feeling better and he did not have to go into hospital where he has picked up nearly all of his nasty infections that past few months!

Anyway thanks for your prayers, we see the doctor on Wednesday- praying and hoping for more good news!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you!!! That's the way!!!! Praying for you both. :o) With love to you both, Merry Lynn

    ReplyDelete