Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Post Surgery

We are no stranger to the Brigham hospital in the morning. Thursday we packed up for what we both hope and pray is John's last surgery. They were running late so he didn't end up being taken to the OR till 11.30am. I kissed him goodbye and went to wait. The surgeon said 4 hours but I knew better than to set my mind there, always best to mentally prepare for 2 hours longer than whatever time you are told. I felt very peaceful while I waited and thankfully my friend Jessi took me out for a little bit of that time to get my mind off it.

Around 5 hours later the surgeon called me to tell me it went perfectly, just like they had hoped. Phew. That was good news. The next day he was coming home. He has been slow on his feet but is recovering well. He has fought a few low fevers which we think were due to the sinus infection he has had. All in all very little to report and that, my friends is how I hope it will stay :)

 I (Amanda) have also began once again to work on a book about John and I's journey these last years. My sister who is an editor is helping me (http://lockwoodelizabeth.wordpress.com/)
My hope is to finish in 2014! :) I know God wants to use our story to encourage many others.

Thank you so much for all your prayers, love and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment