Saturday, July 9, 2011

Day 186

Photo taken by John's Mum- July 2011
I am amazed by John's ability to sleep.

This week I have barely seen him awake! He has been fighting an on and off fever for over a week now. It seemed to subside for the early part of the week but since Thursday it keeps popping it's head back. Today was not bad, highest temp was 100.6 which is low but is indicative that he fighting some kind of infection. All tests done last week at clinic were negative.

So since Thursday I have been staying home. Making sure he eats, drinks, takes medications etc. I really love taking care of him and although I miss my team that are doing outreach for 2 weeks I don't regret for a second choosing to stay with John.

My hope is that I can return to work tomorrow or Monday, probably Monday as would like to see John have one whole day without any fevers before I leave him.

I miss him so much when I am at work, it may sound dramatic (which I am prone too) but I feel like half of me is missing when he is not with me, I know God called us into ministry together and being there without him just feels wrong. 

God knew about this year.
He knew the challenges we would face.
Hope we have more good news soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment