Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Hips don't lie

It seems about once every few months we have a "today's the day" moment. Here I (Amanda) am again frequenting the hallways of Brigham and Women's hospital waiting for John to come out of surgery. Fortunatly this was a planned surgery and one we have been anticipating for a long time. His pain started 14 months ago. His legs began to ache and then his hips began to feel tight. He assumed at the time it was the hills of Pittsburgh as we were visiting there, if you have ever been you will understand. It was a few months before he was diagnosed with severe avasular necrosis (John has a habit of getting oddly named diseases that very few have heard of). To put it simply when he had a bad GVHD reaction during transplant he was put on high doses of prednisone (insert blood curdling scream here *if you have been on it you will understand). These doses restricted blood flow to the hip bones and this caused them to die and become brittle. Due to medical red tape we had to wait till now to have this surgery. I am unsure if me crying at our appointment helped push the date sooner. 7.30am they wheeled him away from me, that moment is one I have never got used too. The emotion almost overwhelms me everytime. Bi-lateral hip replacments (both hips at the same time) take about 4 hours and with preperation time I was told not to expect any news till 1.00pm. As many of you know and have read I really believed it would not come to surgery. I believed I had a word from the Lord, several in fact, that God was going to heal John. I held to this. I proclaimed this. I have wrestled with this. But as I sit today I feel a deep sense of peace. And dare I say it I feel the Father's pleasure over me, like He is proud of me. I may have looked like a fool in the eyes of the world but I proved to be faithful in the eyes of my heavenly Father and that, for sure, is worth more than any earthly affirmation. In the end God was and is faithful, John is being healed, he will walk again and the "new season" that God has confirmed time and time again is coming will come to pass. Who am I to question his ways? Finally as I logged onto this blog to write I noticed our blog has had over 9500 views! I hope every person that has come and will come here will be infused with strength and hope that only Jesus can bring and please if you know anyone struggling with health issues direct them here. My next entry will be an update on John post surgery and coming soon an entry about how God used John and I to encourage a family facing a stem cell transplant. God is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment