Thursday, September 26, 2013

A Dream Becomes Reality

When emotions overwhelm me I have to write. It's the way God wired me. It's the way I process; ponder and pray. Tomorrow is a anticipated day. During the last 4 years of medical craziness a thought began to creep into my mind; normally on the days that seemed without hope; that wouldn't it be nice to get away. I would close my eyes and imagine John and I, health restored just taking a vacation. A marking of a new season, a moment to symbolize the old passing and the new coming in. Just like the changing of the seasons. I began to pray, selfishly I confess, that God would make a way, after all the medical stuff was done, to give us a break. I remember so many days of trial and pain being lightened by talking about that possible future getaway. I remember whispering to John when he was in pain "One day you'll be healthy and we can getaway somewhere warm and celebrate". It bought solace to our darkest hour. How odd that such a small hope could bring light to a dark place. A few months ago, as we were praying John could have his hips replaced a good friend called and said he was sending us a letter and it would arrive tomorrow. The next day I met the mailman at the door and got our letter. As we opened it we saw a check for a quite large sum of money. In the letter they told us they felt God wanted us to have it and mentioned "you guys should take a second honeymoon, you need a vacation". I just began to weep and weep and weep. God, who had already given us so much, gave us even more. We decided on Mexico, Playa Del Carmen to be exact and we leave tomorrow. Tonight the tears have just flowed. I just keep looking at John and saying "It's here, you're healthy, we made it". How good and extravagantly loving is our God. Even today, a day that for my family was devastating for reasons that are not for me share, I am reminded once again that although I do not understand His ways, I know they are good and I know they are loving. And yes He cares about the small things too. Our physical bodies are healed and I know in this next week God will finish the healing of our hearts. Once again, to everyone reading this, we thank you, we love you.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you two! The Lord provides in mysterious ways. We have to be faithful and trust in the light that we cannot always see. Congratulations, Amanda and John. I love you both! <3

    Love from Kentucky!

    P.S. Eat loads of tacos for me. Fish tacos for Will. =D

    ReplyDelete