Monday, November 2, 2009

Sharing Jesus on the city streets!


What a privilege it is to share Jesus! What an honor we are given in the Great Commission to "Go into all the world and share the gospel with every living creature" (Matthew 16:15).

Last week we performed worship on the streets of two areas of our city. Cambridge, the home of Harvard and Somerville, a town close to Boston Center. 
We always say as a ministry if you can reach Boston, you can reach the world and this proved true. We got to share Jesus with people from Paris, Italy, Belgium and Haiti! All in one night :) 

People are drawn by the worship, approach for our free coffee and stay to talk about Jesus. Many approach surprised! "What are you doing here?" they ask; when they hear that we are hear to bless and pray and share Jesus with them they are astounded! So many have questions, so many have deep needs, so many are touched that someone cares.

I approached a man called Wallace this week. He went to walk by but was stopped by the music and he stood and listened. I asked him if he needed prayer. He looked at me and said "Recently I have been searching, I have been feeling guilty because I know I sin, but I don't know what to do, will you pray for me?" We prayed. We talked. I shared the gospel. He confessed he had many questions but said today was a turning point.

The photo above is John playing music with a man he met on the streets. The man  was so compelled to worship with us!

There are so many stories to tell just from these two outreaches! 


God is working in this city, bringing people to Him. We see desperate and hurting people every week put their trust in Jesus. The kingdom is advancing in New England.

Thank you for partnering with us in this. Your prayers and contributions are truly making a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment